Thursday, 4 April 2013

"You're getting close!" My doctor says.

There are no sweeter words to a pregnant woman's ears...

Had my week 33 prenatal check up this morning and all is going well! Baby Asher is measuring right on track, my blood pressure is excellent and his heart beat is nice and strong. I even gained 2 pounds which I'm actually really happy about! I went the last month or more without gaining a thing and was starting to get concerned but it seems now I'm getting back on track with a pound a week. Or maybe it's all that Easter candy...

A few days ago I had horrible Braxton hicks contractions. They started while I was in the bath and got so bad that I had to get out, breathe through them and lay on my left side until they stopped an hour or two later. It was a painful reminder of what I'm going to be going through again soon. Shortly after this incident I started to feel a lot of pressure right on my pelvic bone and my need to pee increased greatly. My doctor confirmed this morning that Asher has found the 'sweet spot' and is getting into position. No, he hasn't dropped, but his head is right where it should be so that's super encouraging!

The liquid iron supplement that my doctor suggested to me has done wonders for my energy! It's expensive stuff and doesn't taste very good, but so worth it considering I feel 'normal' again! I haven't been sleeping well though and am up every night on average for an hour or two. I just can't get comfortable no matter how I lay down and then once I'm awake my brain is going crazy with thoughts. Pregnancy insomnia I guess. It really doesn't bother me too much though since I know my body is preparing for being up every night anyways.

My doctor and I even started talking about delivery today! We discussed the interventions that I am okay and not okay with (breaking my water is fine, but no pitocin unless absolutely necessary) and the idea of starting membrane sweeps at my 38 week appointment. Hoping for a week 39-40 baby this time around! My next appointment is in two weeks and then after that I will be seeing her weekly.

While I was at my appointment Noah did the traditional play time at the local McDonalds with Daddy. Afterwards we headed over to our friend and neighbours so the boys could play together and I could cuddle their adorable newborn baby girl. Noah didn't nap yesterday or sleep well last night, and half way through his story time upstairs he pointed to his crib and said, "Bed... bed..." So in he went and I haven't heard a peep from him since! Here's hoping he has a nice three hour nap ;)

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute!!! Glad all is well. Oh man, Braxton Hicks were worse with each kid and started earlier each time too. Good uterine strengthening I guess :)