Thursday, 11 April 2013

Rough 24 hours.

This post will consist of me airing out my frustrations. Please feel free to close this post and move on with your happy day. Honest! I don't mind! But this is my blog and this is how things are going at the moment for me.

The past 24 hours have been rather rough.
Noah skipped his nap yesterday and because of that we had a very unpleasant afternoon full of time outs and meltdowns. I had a dentist appointment in the evening so mom came over to put Noah down for a very early bedtime while Matt did some errands.

Last night I didn't sleep well. I was up about three times due to pain in my back, into my thighs and mostly around my pelvic bone. Getting up out of bed this morning was extremely painful and I could barely walk. Lifting my legs to put on pants and socks was excruciating.
 I broke down in tears by mid morning while talking to my husband on the phone because I just didn't know what to do. Do I go to the doctors? There's not a lot they can do for pelvic girdle pain. It usually cures upon delivery. Do I let Noah watch TV all day? I hated the thought of that!

My mom called shortly after and asked if I needed her to come help - answer to prayer! She came over and took Noah out for a walk while I soaked in a warm bath for an hour. That helped a lot, at least enough so that I could once again be mobile. Now the pain was mostly just isolated to my pelvic bone and felt like menstrual cramps.

We got Noah some lunch and then Nana took Noah upstairs to bed. Finally, I could just put my feet up and relax while he slept peacefully in his crib. I started an episode of Downton Abbey and pulled out some chocolates. But nope, Noah decided to go for round two of no nap and I had to go back into sleep training mode. Not an easy thing to do when one is in pain. I hung out in my bedroom and went back and forth to his room to calm him down every 5 or 10 minutes. By the time 1:45 came around he'd be doing this for over an hour and I was ready to give up. I decided to go sit with him in the rocker and talk to him about how tired he was and how much he needed his sleep. Within a minute of me holding him he had passed out in my arms. Unbelievable. I dropped him in his crib (yes, dropped, because my belly can't reach over the crib bar) and prayed he'd just roll over and stay asleep. Thankfully he did.

It is now after 2:00pm and this is usually the time that Noah would be waking up from his nap. But because he only fell asleep 15 minutes ago I guess our afternoon and evening will play out differently then normal. I don't even care.

I wish I had a doctors appointment this morning. This baby is all over the place in my belly. I'm pretty sure he has been breech, transverse and every other direction over the past 48 hours. I'm at the point now where if it means csection so be it. It's not my preference, but I just don't care how he comes out as long as he's safe at this point. And hey, a 38/39 week delivery wouldn't be so bad either. That'd mean baby Asher would be herein the next 4 weeks!

Well, my newborns diapers arrived today, so I think I'm going to go look and 'coo' over them a little bit to bring myself some joy and excitement. Lame, I know, but teeny tiny cloth diapers make me smile.

I sincerely hope you are all having a better day then me. Really! I do!
Until next time...

PS - is it the weekend yet!?

No comments:

Post a Comment