Sunday 21 April 2013

Glorious sleep!

I almost hesitate to write this out of fear that it will somehow jinx me... but I have actually slept really well for the past three nights! Before this stretch I was going on a good week straight of restless nights thanks to back pain, baby movement and the constant need to pee. The need to pee is still there, however it's not strong enough to wake me up from a deep sleep lately. I'm not sure what, if anything, has changed to allow me to sleep. But boy am I sure a happier woman!



I have noticed since about Thursday that baby Asher hasn't been so high into my ribcage. Before I was literally waking up most mornings with baby body parts almost as high as my breastbone. It made it very uncomfortable to breath! That has since stopped and my waddle has gotten worse. As of Thursday morning the doctor said he hadn't dropped and I am kind of thinking he is just going to slowly make his way lower. Even over the past 48 hours he seems to be getting lower. I took a picture (above) so that I can compare.

Speaking of sleep, Sundays and toddler naps just don't mix. Our church service goes from 9:30-11:00am followed by a half an hour break and then 'family' bible hour (aka Sunday School) for another hour. This means Noah can't nap until at least 1pm which really throws him off. A lot of the times on Sunday he won't nap at all. That was the case today and by 4pm we had one very cranky toddler. Thankfully due to my good sleep the night before, I had enough patience to handle it and even sympathise with the poor kid. We snuggled on the couch and watched some 'Go Diego' together before he went to bed at 5:30pm.


I had big plans this weekend to get some organising done around the house, but that didn't happen. Yesterday I was barely home and when I was, I was doing Fleetwood Cloth Diaper stuff. Matt accomplished lots on the garage though (he has been mudding, sanding and painting it) and installed the baby car seat into the van. At least he got some stuff done!

Well, tomorrow is Monday again already which takes us another week closer to babies arrival. I've been counting down on my whiteboard and I think it's around 35 days til due date. I think it may go fast. Hope you all had a great weekend and are looking forward to a good week ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment