Thursday 28 March 2013

When parenting takes over

We are right in the thick of it. That point in life where its all about raising kids, having babies, making the morgage and vehicle payments and simply trying to keep up enough energy to function. We have a great life and I am very thankful for what God has blessed us with. But there is one thing both my husband and I find frustrating. We miss each other!

I know its completely normal once children arrive to have this happen. It's not that we don't love or appreciate each other any less. In fact, I can honestly say I love and appreciate my husband more now then I did when we were first married! He does so much for us on a daily basis and I am incredibly grateful for that. But we just don't have the time for each other like we did before children.

We've tried weekly date nights, but finances, available sitters and pure exhaustion makes it easier to just stay home and fall into our regular evening routines. And here we are about to add another child into the mix, so I know it's only going to get harder. So what's the solution? We honestly don't know! How do others out there with young families make your marriage a top priority between work, play and various other activities? How do you find balance?

I know it will get easier as our children get older, but like I said, we are right now in the thick of things and will be for quite a few years yet. In the meantime, I want our marriage to be the best it can be! And I want to be sure that my husband feels as though he is my top priority. And I want to feel as though I am his! I want us to be the best example we can be of what a loving, God honoring marriage looks like for our children. 




No comments:

Post a Comment