Thursday 24 January 2013

My 27th birthday

First of all, I just wanted to say a huge thank you for all the Facebook messages, bbms, phone calls and in person well wishes I received yesterday. It was very sweet of you to take a moment out of your busy days to acknowledge my birthday. It meant a lot!

The day itself had many ups and downs. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at our ladies bible study in the morning. I was actually able to listen and be involved as my mother graciously offered to watch Noah for me up in the nursery. Unfortunately sitting for a full hour (even with my special pillow) resulted in quite a lot of pain for me for the rest of the day. By the afternoon I couldn't do much but rest on the couch much to the dismay of my toddler. He wasn't in a good mood to begin with and I don't think was overly impressed with mommas lack of mobility. There were a few meltdowns and much whining on his part. By 4:00pm I was exhausted and ready to have my own emotional meltdown. I'm not sure if that was coming from my hormones in being pregnant or just the frustration I am feeling with my tailbone injury.

5:15 rolled around and in walked my knight in shining armor, a.k.a my husband. He came with a massive bouquet of flowers, cards, hugs and Greek food. I must admit, the tears began to flow at that point. Noah decided to carry on his sour disposition throughout my birthday meal but after we were done hubby allowed me to head upstairs to soak in a nice warm bath. Meanwhile, Noah was played with and prepped for bed before being brought in to give me a smooch goodnight. By the way, if you are wondering how someone with a broken tailbone has a bath, believe you me, it's not easy. But the warm water helps the pain a lot so it's worth the awkward sitting position I must do.

I got out of my bath and Ahhhh... The house was quiet. I picked out a movie (Dan in Real Life) and my husband and I snuggled up on the couch with some leftover ice cream cake. A pretty great way to end a less then fantastic day I'd say.







No comments:

Post a Comment