Tuesday 30 October 2012

Week 11

Well... I am happy to say that I am almost done week 11 and will be soon moving into week 12 of pregnancy!

First trimester has so many ups and downs physically and emotionally. The exhaustion and constant vomiting is a normal but never pleasant part, and because I didn't have a dating ultrasound (nor did I last time...) sometimes I find myself thinking, 'What if I'm not even really pregnant!?' The easiest way to deal with all of that is to just try and not think about it - but who can do that when you are running back and forth to the bathroom constantly or falling asleep at noon! I'm just a worried mother who is hoping the baby inside is growing healthy and strong. I remind myself that God is in control and knows what's best for all of us.

This time around I was into maternity clothes by 7/8 weeks. Much earlier then I would have liked, but never the less the pants wouldn't close and the bump is on display. Just like last time, I haven't gained a pound. In fact, I've lost several. Unfortunitly when I do feel good my body seems to be craving everything that isn't good for me which is going to make this pregnancy a little more challenging. Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, Easter. All major chocolate holidays that I will be pregnant for. Yikes...

Have I mentioned how hard it is to get out of bed in the mornings right now? Hubby has had to take over getting Noah up and changed first thing while I try to drag my butt out of bed in time for him to leave. Showers and baths always happen the night before because I just cant bring myself to get up that extra 20 minute earlier.

For some reason I thought by me not working this pregnancy I'd find it easier. Ha, who was I kidding!? Chasing and entertaining a toddler is far more exhausting. I often think to myself, 'Okay Carolyn, how many more times do you want to do this?' I think I'll take them one at a time.

Tomorrow were going over to my parents for dinner before dressing Noah up in his monster costume and taking him trick or treating for the first time. I've set a goal of 5 houses. We'll see how that goes.



My brain is really not thinking clearly over the past few days so at the risk of rambling on I will wrap it up. Hope you are all well.

1 comment: