Wednesday 24 October 2012

It's just a hat!

My goodness...

I'm going to blame this one on those out of control pregnancy hormones. This past weekend Noah received an adorable custom made puppy dog hat, or as he calls it, his woof woof. He looks stinkin adorable in it and I've had him wearing it every single day when we go for walks or leave the house. He wore it to ladies bible study at our church this morning, but once I got home I realised we didn't have it. I'm hoping that it is laying somewhere safely inside our church and not outside on the ground somewhere getting run over by cars.



But you wouldn't believe how much this has consumed my thoughts and upset me. His brand new hat, possibly gone forever, has nearly reduced me to tears. I literally had to go and take an hour long nap to make myself feel better and try to move past it. I think it helped. But I'm still praying that it isn't gone for good.

I don't remember feeling this emotional during my pregnancy with Noah.
My mom and I were watching The Holiday a few nights back and when we got to the scene where the old man that Kate Winslet had befriended gets a standing ovation for all his hard work I began sobbing. No joke. Zero to a mess in about 3 seconds.

A few weeks back when we were about to leave for Hawaii, my mom simply commented on the fact that she booked the boys skii do ride for the end of the trip in case, heaven forbid, something should happen. Again, reduced to tears.

In that moment it feels like the world is crashing down on me and then 5 minutes later it's like everything is fine. My poor hubby, he has got a lot to deal with being married to me!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you find the hat! I remember reading a book to the kids at bedtime and breaking down in tears because the book was so cute:)

    ReplyDelete