Monday 10 September 2012

Inspired


Yeah, that's me. I'm not trying to start a pity party here claiming I have no talents. I think I do have a few things that I do very well, but as the ecard states, none of them generate income. Poor husband. I do however have great respect and admiration for people who have a hobby that they can turn into a business. I also like to help these people out where I can, as I genuinely love their products.

Christmas thoughts are worming there way into my brain. I know I know, it's early. But I am an organisational person who likes to plan things out and be prepared. I am also not one of those people who enjoy Christmas shopping in December. I do like to wander the mall, give Santa a wave and enjoy a gingerbread latte. But I do not like the lines or the crowds that one needs to fight to actually purchase items during that month.

So this year I have decided that I would like to try and help out some local businesses and friends by trying to buy some of my gifts through them. I am by no means committing to making all my holiday purchases this way, some items I can't afford or I just have no one to buy them for. But I definitely want to have a few home made gifts under our tree. I thought I'd share a few of the ones I like in case you were interested in doing the same.

Tender Tushies -
For any of you mommas who are into cloth diapering, these are a must. They are super affordable, well made and come in the cutest patterns. They also sell waterproof bags (for swim wear, soiled clothes, etc.), adorable leggings, nursing covers, etc.
Tender Tushies




                                          Hats for bratz -
This is a recent discovery of mine. My oh my these kits hats are adorable! You can purchase one of her popular patterns or have one custom made of whatever you want. Noah is getting a puppy one for Christmas.
https://www.facebook.com/hatz4bratz

                                                     






                                                      Vintage baby emporium -
For all you with baby girls, this is the place to shop! My Aunt Helen makes the most beautiful baby wear with a vintage olden day charm. The attention to detail is remarkable and you will be hard pressed to find things like this elsewhere without paying through the nose for it.
Vintage Baby Emporium

                          

          
                                     Macbibs -
Let's face it, bibs are ugly. And if you end up with a kid who drools an obscene amount like mine did does, then you have to put something on them or they soak through their entire outfit. But there is a cute solution! These fashionable bibs are hand made in Langley and look more like a part of their outfit then a drool catcher.
MacBibs






                                                      Kribby's Kreations -

A friend of mine who makes super cute hair pins, magnets and other little bits and bobs for purchase. Would make great stocking stuffers for Christmas!
Kribby's Kreations






Queen Bee -

Well who doesn't like headbands on little girls? Oh how I pray to God to one day bless me with a little girly to 'frilly up.' So, if you are looking for some 'frillies' for your darling daughter, look no further. These are adooorable and would make a great gift!

Queen Bee



So there you have it. Those are just a few of the ones that came to my mind. If there are others out there who I failed to mention I apologize. Let me know because I'd love to add more to my list!

PS - I should also note that I stuck to businesses from which items can be bought and wrapped. I have many talented friends who do other things aswell (a few of which you can find blogs for to my right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment