Monday 7 November 2011

You know you are a parent when...

I was just thinking today about all the strange and funny things us parents do that seem totally normal to us, but not to those without children.

1. Getting 5 hours of sleep in a row is something to brag about.

2. You analyze your childs poop. Colour, texture, frequency. It significant and you find yourself talking to other mums about it as though its a totally normal conversation topic.

3. Comparing labour stories. Talking about the amount of time it takes us to dilate and how long we pushed for. When you really think about it, its a pretty graphic conversation and were so casual about it.

4. You get puked on, peed on or pooped on and its funny. Or maybe thats just me?

5. You no longer grab your purse and run out the door. You have to make sure you have diapers, wipes, extra clothes, blankets, etc. along with the stroller, carseat and everything else your child may require while you arent at home. Oh and before that you have to feed and change your baby. This process adds a good extra 30 minutes to your leaving process.

6. You are so grateful for 30 minutes of 'you' time. Seriously, I never realized how selfish I was until I had a child. Matt and I cant believe how much free time we had before Noah came along. We were such time wasters!

7. You go on a date to get some time away from your children only to talk about said child the entire time.

8. Even though you have a baby monitor, you sometimes doubt its reliability and go check that your child is still breathing anyway.

9. You can look at your baby for a loooong time without getting bored. Okay, this one may not apply to just parents. I could stare at babies for a long time before too.

10. You are able to do everything one handed. Yep, I can actually take bread out of the bag, toast it, take a huge jar of peanut butter out of the cupboard and successful spread it onto my toast while holding my 3 month old. I am pretty proud of that.


Ah... nap time. Mummy loves nap time.


No comments:

Post a Comment