Thursday 17 November 2011

The things that keep us from our sleep

I've had a few people asking me how the no swaddling thing is going so I thought I'd do an update.

We haven't gotten much sleep lately - but the first two nights without swaddling were pretty brutal. He woke up almost every hour and Matt and I got around 4 hours of sleep. After that it got a little better... He was only up every two hours. He now seems to be okay with the no swaddling thing. He no longer wakes himself up when he rubs his face. Last night he only woke up once from 815pm til 5am. It was awesome!

However, this week we have also entered a new phase. Noah is now rolling over from his back to belly and travelling. I put him to sleep on one side of the crib and when I wake up he's on the opposite side huddled up in the corner. yesterday I woke up to find him with his hands behind his head and his legs propped straight up on the side of the crib. I guess that was comfy? When he sleeps stationary he rolls himself onto his side. I know 'back is best' but I don't think there is much we can do when he is able to put himself in the position he wants. We have an angel care monitor so we aren't too worried. (Best monitor EVER by the way. Gives us so much peace of mind!) Anyways, it's very exciting that he has reached this new milestone, but he does wake up at times because he gets himself stuck in a position he doesn't like.

And the last thing that had been keeping us from our sleep is a growth spurt. I'd heard rumor of the 3 month growth spurt and it was certainly a doozy. Lots of fussiness, disturbed sleep and eating constantly! As I said, last night he slept good so I think were on the tail end of this now. He's now Into 3-6 month clothing, so I guess he really did grow.

The last 2 days he has been a much happier Noah. Matt can always tell what kind of day I'm having with him based on my opinion of having more children. On bad days I tell him I don't even want to think or talk about another child! On good days I want to nave another one right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment