Thursday 27 December 2012

Half way mark - gender reveal!

Guess what? Tomorrow I enter into week 20 of pregnancy. Friends really werent kidding when they said that your second pregnancy will fly by. I can't believe we are at this point already!

I'm feeling pretty good, although I still randomly get nauseated. I can't go near a garbage can or scrub a dinner dish with leftover food. If my tummy gets even a little empty I also start to heave and need to immediatly eat. My belly is starting to get a little heavy and if I'm on my feet too long I can start feeling the pressure on my hips and pelvic bone. Thankfully I have a maternity belt that I can put on when it's bothering me and that helps a lot. Other then that, I'm eating alot and enjoying more and more movement from my belly every day.

I feel like it's time to start getting prepared, even though I don't know exactly what that entails. We have our double stroller, our ergo carrier and picked up a new crib mattress. In only a few short months we will be switching Noah into his toddler bed so that the crib will be free to use for the new baby.

Speaking of baby... guess what we did tonight? You know how we had a 3D ultrasound scheduled for January 5th to find out little ones gender? Well, we got a tad antsy and called up the office asking if they had any last minute openings. Sure enough, they did and in we went. We brought Noah and my mother along to share in the excitement.

Here is a shot of our adorable little BOY! That's right, we make boys, just as I predicted! As much as I'd love a little girl at some point, this does work out a whole lot easier for us. The nursery is already boy themed, we have tons of boy clothes and lots of boy toys. Noah and his little brother will be sharing a room 6 months in too so that will be tons of fun. Besides, how fun will it be for Noah to have a pal so close in age to play trucks with?!

I already feel more connected to this little guy, calling him by name and understanding a little more what he looks like. Exciting times ahead!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations!!! Noah and his little brother are going to be best friends, just like Kai and Koen! So exciting:) Glad your mom could be there too! So excited for you!!! I'm thinking you'll be just like me and have a girl for your third:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be perfect Louise! We're thinking three kiddos and I'd really like to experience having a girl at least once. Otherwise, I guess I just hope for wonderful daughter in laws :)

    ReplyDelete