Tuesday 25 December 2012

A very Merry (yet exhausting) Christmas.

*sigh* My oh my what a busy couple of days. And guess what, it ain't over yet. The holidays are always busy, especially December 23-26 as that is when all of our family gatherings take place. But this year my son happens to be in that 'into everything' phase and didn't sit still for more then 30 seconds at a time. Add onto that that I'm about half way through my pregnancy and starting to move a little slower and put my feet up a little more and you have one tired momma!

That being said, Noah has done very well these past few days. As far as I know he hasn't broken anything at our house or others and he's continued to sleep his normal amount. He's handled the extra sugar given to him fairly well, opened his gifts with many smiles and amazed staring and avoided (for the most part) any melt downs.

We were all overly spoiled as always. Noah so much so that Matt and I decided to keep a few of his still boxed up presents in the garage because he can't even remember all that he received. That way when he eventually gets bored with the ones he did unbox we can trade them out for the others. We did this for his birthday and it worked pretty well.

Tomorrow is our last family get together of the season with my moms side of the family. We're a big clan when we get together but it's always a good time. After that I'm looking forward some quieter days with my hubby who still has a week off and our little rambunctious man.

Oh, one thing I did want to mention is about a book I got called "What a Difference a Mom makes." It's by the always hilarious yet informative Christian phsycologist Dr Kevin Leman. I tore through about 45 pages this evening while relaxing in the tub and I can't wait to get back to it. It's all about how big of an impact mothers specifically have on their sons as they raise them and I'm finding it so informative! If you have boys and get a chance to pick it up, I highly recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment