Monday 11 June 2012

Noah visits the doctor

Noah went in to see our family doctor today after Matt and I became increasingly concerned about him yesterday. His 'bug' seemed to be getting worse and for the past 24 hours he has eaten barely anything. What he did eat, he threw up. From yesterday afternoon onwards he has wanted nothing more then to sit on my lap and sleep. Last night he wanted to sleep so badly but couldn't and I admit, I cried with him. Its awful not being able to take away your child's pain.



So this morning he visited our doctor and it turns out he has an ear infection, which is why he has been vomiting and crying so much. The doctor is was also worried about him developing a chest infection because of all his mucus so hes been given 10 days of antibiotics. Hopefully they will kick in fast and he'll be back to his playful self in no time. I cant stand to see him this unwell. It breaks my mommy heart!

Babies who dont feel well deserve Mickey Mouse balloons!


2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy! Koen had several ear infections when he was little and the biggest thing I learned was that antibiotics can be really tough on their digestive systems. I would totally recommend giving him probiotics at the same time to replenish the healthy bacteria in their digestive systems. If he doesn't have any diarrhea with it, I'm assuming he's fine but Koen def. had bad diarrhea with it. (You can get probiotics from a health food store or get Biogaia drops from costco too). HOpe you don't see this as being bossy or unsolicited advice, just wish I had known.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Louise I appreciate it!! He's been fine so far but I will definitely be on the lookout for that. The last thing I want is for him to get more dehydrated!

    ReplyDelete