Monday 4 June 2012

Little Miracles

I had the sweetest moment with my 'little love' today.

Noah was tired, so I took him upstairs to feed him a bottle and sit down in our rocking chair. While he was drinking his bottle, he gazed up at me and starting to get seriously dopey. His eyes slowly closed and opened over and over until he couldnt keep them open any longer and he fell asleep. I put the bottle down and he replaced it straight away by sticking his thumb in his mouth.
Usually I would then place him in his crib and get to some kind of housework or what not, but I couldnt put him down. He rarely will fall asleep in my arms now and I was just enjoying it too much to end it.

I just continued to rock and stare down at him and my mind began to drift back to those first few months when he would nurse and then pass out in my arms. I was thinking about how fast time has gone and how much I miss those days, but at the same time love where he is at right now.
Then my mind wandered into the future where he would no longer be small enough to sit in my lap. The days when he will want to be with his friends, maybe going to college, getting a job or getting married.

It was like God was telling me right there to worry less about things like housework and what I was going to make for dinner. This was more important. He was telling me to sit back, appreciate and marvel at the little miracle he has given me. What a blessing Noah is to us!

So for all you mommies and mommies to be out there - appreciate your little miracles. They are only 'little' for so long.





No comments:

Post a Comment