Wednesday 2 May 2012

Reflections... our crazy wedding story pt 3

... So we were all booked to go to Hawaii along with a group of friends.
*you can read part 2 here *
*or part 1 here *

Matt and I looked up local photographers and found one for a good price that we liked. We called him up and he said he only had one date of availability; the following Thursday. We looked at each other and said, "Okay, guess we'll get married next Thursday!"

We knew we wouldn't be able to plan a full reception last minute. My family and I had been to a Luau a few years back run by the Christian group YWAM and wondered if that would make a good dinner reception. After all, it was entertainment and great food! We called them up and sure enough they were more then happy to accommodate our whole group for the Thursday evening show.

The next day we drove down to Arlington and stayed over night with some very dear friends of ours. The following morning we all met up at the airport (at least all of those from BC and Washington state. There was also a group of family coming from Toronto) and took off to Hawaii.


Once there we started to plan out little details. There was a beautiful garden at the resort and we decided that we should hold the ceremony there. My dad talked with the resort and planned out chairs and a hoopa. My mother and Aunt drove up the street to the florist and planned out the flowers. Our friend Ashley started practising some music for during the ceremony. And I attempted to relax.



Once that was all arranged; we vacationed. We hit up the beaches, the local dining and enjoyed everyones company around the pool. This was why we had decided on a destination wedding in the first place. We wanted to spend quality time with loved ones in a beautiful location. It was wonderful.




There were a few hiccoughs along the way - if you can even call them that. I had no place to get my hair, nails or makeup done. But no big deal, I did them myself. My maid of Honor ended up with some kind of eye trouble. No problem, we got some antibiotics from a local doctors office. I passed out in a Subway restaurant the afternoon before the wedding; not exactly what you envision for the day before you wedding, but I sat through my rehearsal ceremony and was in bed by 7pm.


I woke up the morning of May 7th, sat on my giant lanai with my best girlfriend Ally soaking up the beautiful scenery and feeling 100% calm. Finally, after a year and a half engagement, a cancelled wedding and alot of stress, I was going to marry Matt.





...to be continued... (the final part...)

No comments:

Post a Comment