Monday 30 May 2011

Post doctor update

I have had many people talking to me about my last blog entry so I thought I would give you all an update on my decision and what the action plan is.

I went in to see my family doctor and told him how I felt about this other practitioner, so we will be going with the prenatal doctor rotation at the hospital. I will have to see them at the hospital every other week for check ups but will continue to get care from my current doctor in between.  The only bummer is that the rotation is made up of about 10 doctors and the lady I didnt like is one of them. But what are the chances I will get her for my delievery? Not all that high I figure. If I do get her, she'll only really be there when the baby is ready to come out so I think I can deal with that. Praying for a super nice nurse :)

On a happier note, I passed my gestational diabetes test! I was really worried Id have to go back for the 3 hour test and I really didnt want to drink that disgusting stuff again; so this was great news! On the downside, my iron levels are too low and I have to go on supplements. Hopefully that will give me an added boost of energy because a woman on maternity leave shouldnt as as tired as I have been. I also need to eat more because I keep gaining weight and then losing it. My doctor wants me to gain at least another 10-12 pounds. Apperently a diet consisiting of mainly fruit isnt enough (but its so tasty!!!)

And now, just because its fun, here is some info on where Noah should be at right now:
"By this time, your baby's crown-to-rump length is a little over 10.8 inches and the total length of your baby is about 17 inches! Your baby weighs about 3 pounds now. Your uterus can be felt about 4 inches above your bellybutton. Even though your baby is cushioned by the amniotic fluid, she can feel and respond to pain. Your baby now does `practice breathing` to get ready for life outside of your womb. If your baby swallows amniotic fluid down the wrong passage, she will still get hiccups that are noticeable by you. If your baby were born at this time, she would be able to keep herself warm."

And here is what I can tell you from what the doctor has said and what I am aware of.:
Noah has been in a head down position for over a month now. We figure he will probably stay there until its time to deliever which is great news because he more then likely wont become breeched. He is on my left side with his knees by my left rib and pointing down towards my belly button and feet up in the right side of my ribcage (yes, ouch!) He gets hiccups at least 3 times a day, usually twice in the morning and once at night. He almost always responds to music, especially if its got a good beat to it. He has also started responding to Matts voice when he comes in the room which is super cute. His most active time of day is between 6am-12pm. And then again from 8pm-10pm. Size wise the doctor believes he is right on track for growth :)



No comments:

Post a Comment