Saturday 10 December 2011

Trip to emerg

So for the second time in about 6 months I've had an attack of some kind that has required me to go to the hospital via ambulance.

I had had a sore back and upper abdomen for over 24 hours, but it suddenly intensified to the point where I was lying on the bathroom floor nauseous and trying not to pass out. My upper mid spine felt as though it was constricting tighter and tighter and I couldn't move. My abdomen felt like someone had punched me extremely hard. It took laughing gas and 2 shots of morphine through an IV to subside the pain to a point were it was tolerable and I could talk.

The paramedics took me to emergency where I at least got to lay down in a bed while I waited to see the doctor. The hospital was crazy busy (staff claims due to the full moon) and I was there for 6 hours before I was discharged. After running some tests they came to the conclusion that I could have an ulcer or possibly a gallbladder problem. I personally don't think its an ulcer because i haven't had heartburn issues really since pregnancy. So what did they suggest? Go see my family doctor about it. Thanks, very helpful.

So here I am back at home, very low
on sleep and praying that I don't have another attack. I do have some morphine pills I can use If need be, but it's very frustrating to leave without any real answers.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sorry Carolyn. Hope you feel better soon and your GP has some answers for you.

    ReplyDelete