Friday 30 December 2011

A break with my boys

I love Christmas break. Even though I am currently on maternity leave and am home full time, its still awesome because Matt always gets approx. 10 days off. Definite perk of engineering! Their office closes down every year from Christmas Eve Day until after New Years. It is so nice to have him home with Noah and I to spend time as a family.




We have been pretty busy. Yesterday was the first day we weren't out all day. The 23-26 was full up with family things and then we spent the 27th and 28th out shopping boxing day sales. I scored some clothing deals, got a new cell phone (number is still the same) and we even picked up my birthday gift (a Pandora charm bracelet which I am not allowed to touch until my actual birthday on the 23rd)

Matt and I have been able to go on two dates over the past two weeks thanks to my wonderful mother babysitting. I have also gotten a bit of time to myself to do whatever I want, since Matt is around to entertain Noah. So great to sleep in a bit, takes baths and relax.

I always miss my husband when he goes back to work after holidays. I love having him around to talk with or just sit next to. My little man is becoming better company thought lately, thanks to his ever expanding vocal sounds and constant smiles and giggles. And there is something to be said about a daily routine.
Back to cleaning house and other everyday activities.



We are already looking forward to our next holiday in March. But I'll save that for another blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment