Saturday 17 September 2011

Adjusting to mommy hood.

After one month, I think I am starting to adjust to mommy hood. Noah and I have somewhat of a schedule now, which I am very grateful for. In fact, if you try and mess with his schedule... You will get one unhappy child. He tends to have a short nap in the morning, and a nice 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. Those are my opportunities to tidy up the house, figure out dinner or relax. When he's awake he loves stimulation. Either he's sitting on my lap, smiling and cooing away, or else he's on his playmat or in his swing. He's usually done for the day around 8pm and will wake up on average every 3 hours to eat. Im usually okay getting up in the night...except for the 11pm/12pm feeding. That one hurts no matter how much sleep I've had.

I love to be out of the house, and that has definitely been an adjustment. Everything is on his time. Going shopping is no longer get in the car, drive to the store, try on clothes, go home. Now it's feed and change baby before, pack diaper bag, load the stroller, car seat and baby into the car, drive to store, unload everything (everyone), change diaper again... You get the picture. Quite the process!

The other night we had good intentions of getting to bible study on time. But poor Noah had a gassy stomach and was over tired and hollered for a good half hour just when we were about to leave. We did make it! Just half an hour later then planned.

I am trying to enjoy every moment with Noah. I cant believe he's growing up so fast! He has now outgrown his newborn clothes and is in 0-3 months. He's smiling, cooing, and just beginning to laugh. Right now he is a major mamas boy too. He gets in moods where all he wants is for me to hold him. Sounds cute I know. It's nice to be so loved and wanted. But it's not so nice when you just want 15 minutes to yourself to do your hair.

Oh and another thing... I can't stand to hear him cry. And no, not in a "your driving me crazy" kind of way. In a "your sad and mummy wants to fix it" way. It's true what they say, that you can't even imagine how much you will love your children. It's unexplainable. I hate the idea of any harm coming to him and I would do whatever I could to stop it. I don't think of myself the same anymore. I'm am longer just Carolyn. I am MUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment