Thursday 25 August 2011

Life with baby

My world has definitely changed. I don't feel like the same person anymore. Not in a negative way... Just in a different way. I'm no longer Just Carolyn, wife of Matt. I am now MOM! Or, as the running joke in my family, MA (it's how Noah cries... Maaaaa, Maaaaa!) I feel a huge responsibility to care for this little boy and he comes first in everything I do. My showers have become shorter, makeup is less important and sleep comes second to all his needs. I'm not complaining either... I actually enjoy feeling as needed as I am. And even when I am beyond frustrated with him, the second I look at him my heart melts and I can't get over how cute he is. There are times when I want nothing more then for him to go to sleep. But then when he is sleeping I miss holding him and have to convince myself to leave him be. I am trying to enjoy every moment with him because I feel like he is already growing up so fast! It seems like I just had him yesterday and he's already 10 days old. Before I know it he'll be a year old, ahhhhh! Anyways, to summarize, I'm really loving my life right now. It is absolutely the hardest job ever, but it's also the most rewarding. I love my little family. I feel lucky to have an amazing Husband, supportive family and friends and a well behaved baby boy.

God has truly blessed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment